Freyamusic Consultancy and Workshops
JO FREYA'S ON-LINE ENSEMBLE WORKSHOPS FEATURING JON SWAYNE TUNES
4 X 1 HOUR WORKSHOPS
- Any instrument but you must be able to play a tune all the way through confidently or hold a chord structure and rhythm. Starts Sunday 12th July 6pm for four weeks.
- Costs £10 per week minimum donation and you must book all four.
- Maximum of 10 participants per workshop series minimum of 8.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details
- The courses are renewed frequently and will run throughout August
A week in advance and each week thereafter you will receive MP3's of the tune with a suggested counter melody, the tune played slowly and up to speed, and a PDF of the tune, counter melody and chords plus transpositions if you need them.
WEEK ONE AND AFTER
We play the tunes and counter melodies, we recap previous tunes, we discuss style of playing, playing for dancing, decorations etc.
YOU ON THE MP3'S
After week one you are invited to send an MP3 each week of you playing the piece on your chosen instrument so that you can be added to the mix. Once added you'll hear how the ensemble sounds together and you will receive an MP3 of the altered recording. Each ensemble is unique.
WHAT PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT THE COURSES.
"It's been a delight to take part. I'd be up for doing the next one in August."
"The hour on a weds & having a lovely new tune each week has been a breath of fresh air"
"Really enjoyed last night - nice atmosphere created (in a Zoomy sort of way!) and particularly nice to get a sense from you of the style of the piece and how it links so strongly to playing it with dance. Also getting a sense of how strong the aural tradition is with the written notes more of an alternative guide rather than a definitive version."
"For me, more emphasis on the context/ ornamentation/ different ways to play a tune, and less on the notes (I read music, so can pick up the skeleton quickly) works, which was useful last night."
"That was great thanks. I think you've got it right as far as I am concerned. Learn a new tune, listen to last weeks tune with lots of tips and chat in between the playing and sharing of ideas and your experiences and knowledge of music & dance etc. Sending out the mp3 of us all playing the tune too is a great idea so we have a quality copy."
Freyamusic Consultancy and Workshops offers the following:
- Mentoring of musicians and singers
- Helping bands with arrangement
- Bepsoke music residential courses
- Record production
- Advice for bands and individuals involved in folk music
- Music creation and composing for others
- Guest programming
- Guest radio presentation